The Maize & Blue Endowment Fund is currently extending analyst opportunities to both undergraduate and graduate students. Acceptance into the fund is highly competitive, requiring an application and interview. We are looking for candidates that are serious about investment management and willing to commit a substantial amount of their time and energy to the Fund. The Fund has weekly meetings on Tuesday nights from 6:30 to 9:30 throughout the fall and winter semesters, with the opportunity for members to earn up to 4.5 academic credit hours.
Winter 2018 Application Process:
Application Due Date – 5 January, 11:45PM EST
Submit your completed applications + resume to MBEFapplications2017@gmail.com
Feel free to attach any supplementary documents that you deem important for your candidacy
Strong applicants will be notified if they are selected for an interview. Please reach out to Abhi Ananta (firstname.lastname@example.org), Robert Janeway (email@example.com) or Wei Chi Loh (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions you may have about the recruitment process.
1) To what extent are markets efficient? Given your stance, how would you, as a midcap equity money manager, allocate capital? (250 word limit)
2) Please analyze any company in the S&P MidCap 400 and provide a Buy or Sell recommendation with a price target. Your response should include a one page investment thesis, rationale, and some form of valuation work. Responses, excluding exhibits and outputs, should be limited to 1-2 pages, single spaced, Times New Roman font 10, narrow margin.
Shown below is a list of companies that you can work on, however feel free to analyze company in the S&P MidCap 400.
- Consumer Discretionary: MTN, DLTR
- Healthcare: PRTK
- Industrials: MGA, UHAL, DAR, ANW
- Technology: EA, PYPL, CHUBA
- Materials: MON, CBPX
The purpose of this application is to assess both the skills and dedication of each candidate. Satisfactory answers will be thoughtful and demonstrate a superior ability to understand key investment considerations and valuation concepts. Collaboration with other students, with the exception of Adhi, Robert, and Wei Chi, is strictly prohibited.