The Maize & Blue Endowment Fund is currently extending analyst opportunities to undergraduate and MBA students. Acceptance into the fund is highly competitive, requiring an application and interview. We are looking for candidates that are serious about investment management and willing to commit a substantial amount of their time and energy to the fund. The fund has weekly meetings on Tuesdays from 6:30PM to 9:30PM in Fall B and Winter A terms, with the opportunity for members to earn up to 4.5 academic credit hours. BBA students can enroll in FIN/ACC 335/336 and MBA students can enroll in FIN/ACC 725/726. Students can enroll in FIN 338/ACC 338 only if they have already taken both FIN/ACC 335/336.
Fall 2023 and Winter 2024 Application Process:
We review applications from March 20th, 2023 till October 14th 2023. Priority will be given to those students who apply early and are interested in enrolling in the fund in both the fall term and the winter term.
Applicants must submit up to 3-page summary of their stock pitch (PDF) alongside their financial model (Excel), their resume (PDF) and their transcript (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stock Pitch Criteria:
- The pitched stock should be a U.S. publicly traded company with a market capitalization of at least $100M. The stock must have at least $2 million of daily volume (over a minimum of the 3-month period immediately before January 1, 2023). ADRs, ETFs, ETNs, Closed-end funds, or other exchange-traded securities, including derivatives and currencies, will not be eligible.
- Your pitch can be either a long or a short position.
The purpose of this application is to assess both the skills and dedication of each candidate. Satisfactory answers will be thoughtful and demonstrate a superior ability to understand key investment considerations and valuation concepts. Collaboration with other students, with the exception of Tejas Gumudavelly is strictly prohibited.
Please reach out to Tejas Gumudavelly (email@example.com) with any questions you may have about the recruitment process.
Code of Ethics:
To retain membership in the fund members must:
- miss no more than 2 meetings per term
- miss no more than 2 vote forms per term
- receive satisfactory score from pitch team peer review form